Jamie contacted our office about receiving weatherization services. During the initial energy audit performed by David Hubble, he discovered a gas water heater located in the 11 year old girl’s bedroom closet that had serious issues that needed immediate attention. The auditor found that the gas water heater was leaking carbon monoxide gases into the living area of the home and specifically into the little girl’s room. During client education the parent disclosed the child was having daily headaches and dizziness. With the configuration of the house the water heater was not able to produce a draft in the flue pipe due to the depression levels in the home. JobSource replaced the gas water heater with an electric water heater to resolve the carbon monoxide problem on February 22nd, 2017. By the first of March the little girl was no longer experiencing any adverse symptoms. She no longer complained of headache or dizziness. Full weatherization services were completed on the home by March 13th, 2017. We’re glad Jamie called us when she did or the situation could have had dire consequences. Now that the house is completed it will be more energy efficient and be a much safer place to live.